cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Must join Skyshowcase message

I don't watch TV much but access Iplayer, ITV hub and Now TV cinema through a YOU view box from Talktalk at £4.99 pcm last payment 19 July 2022.  Now if I switch on I get a message saying I have to join Sky Showcase, which takes you to a link, which requires me to pay at least £9.99 for any service.

There are no other options.  

I have not changed anything? What is going on, why can't I access Now TV anymore and what am I paying for?

Anyhelp gratefully received.  I can find nothing on TalkTalk or Now and , as for the ' Chat', less said the better.

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It sounds to me that your playback devices may have logged out of the NOW App and you may be seeing the QR Scan Code to join NOW Entertainment.

If you open the NOW App and press the enter OK button on your remote, do yo then see the different horizontal grid rows ?.

If so navigate to the bottom of the screen on your television and click on the My Account tile box, then try your NOW account login details again which you purchased the NOW Cinema Membership on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps

Thanks for the reply.  I went downstairs to find something I found, and when I switched on it was fine.  I wonder whether, because I don't watch very often, and switch off at the mains overnight, it had not updated, whereas last night it did ( as I left switched on?).

In answer to your Second para though, I simply could not open the Now App - it just straight to the message, no other options.

Ok ( for the time being.....) though, thanks for your help.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just a thought, where perhaps the on screen message assuming it was coming from your Talk Talk TV box was reference to that the TalkTalk old Boost legacy service is coming to the end this month. 

And was put on screen has a generic message reminder to all Talk Talk customers who may be still using their old Boost legacy service which I believe is closing end of July. 

See this link thread below taken from the TalkTalk Community. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TV/One-time-message-about-boosts-on-TV-screen/td-p/2899732 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps 

Thanks for thinking about this further . I don’t think that’s it because the message did not ask me to call, it is working and I am paying Now. But I have put in messages here , to Talktalk and to Now , who have replied seeking further details . If I manage to work it out I will post something to save others doing the same . I took screenshots of the messages , though can’t work out how to attach . Perhaps Karl may pick this up - he helped me sort it last time I had a Now crisis. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To upload a photo and use the camera icon inside the NOW Community message tool box you need a higher ranking level (it never used to be this way but NOW either intentionally or unintentionally changed this a couple of years back).

You could try uploading the image on a photo library website and then just link it here or see if the photo can be sent directly to Karl-F or Simon-J both NOW Community Managers via a PM message or alternatively send NOW an email with the screen shot using the email address taken from this NOW tweet below.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again but a bit too clever for me  who struggles just to watch the odd bit of TV . But if Karl or Simon do get involved I can send it to them . I’ll get there!! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The only other thing I can think of is if you was trying to watch a movie on the NOW Peacock on Demand channel with your NOW Cinema Membership it will ask you to buy a NOW Entertainment Membership for £9.99.

The reason being all NOW Peacock content is covered under a NOW Entertainment Membership.

Though the pop up message shouldn't mention Sky Showcase and doesn't show on your television when you power up a device and will only display on screen when you try watching something with the wrong type of TV Membership.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

One last thing from memory going back a while was when something like the NOW box was setup for the first time there was some on screen adverts promoting NOW Sky channels and TV shows (about three on screen pages which you had to press the right directional arrow on the remote to get past them).

I haven't seen this in a long time.

If the message doesn't reappear again then I wouldn't worry about it and if nothing has changed on your NOW or TalkTalk account with regards to TV Memberships.

Karl-F doesn't come on the NOW Community much nowadays and is more involved with other aspects with regards to NOW.

Perhaps @Simon-J The NOW Community Manager can help where I am intrigued on what this Sky Showcase message is all about and maybe he will unlock adding photos permission for you under your Community profile name so then we can all see the screen shot in question you have taken with regards to this Sky Showcase message.

And may help others who come across this screen message also.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for letting us know about this. You should now be able to upload the screenshot using the Camera icon or just dragging the photo into the box below when your typing your reply.

Thanks

Simon