cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mk2 black box

I have received NOW TV Broadband for over three years. I have now decided to upgrade to a "Superfast" speed (65mbps). Just received my new box (Mk2).

Do I need to install it to receive this upgraded speed or can I continue using my old box"? I eally don't want to change upwards of 7 terminals with new passwords.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Change the password on the new router to be the same as the one on the old router.

Make a note of that on a sticky label on the router, to remind you to re-establish it if you have to reset the router.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My mate has Sky Broadband on the Super Fast Broadband service and tried both Hub Routers (clones of the NowTV Hub Routers) and found from his testing and setup on his configuration that both Sky Routers did the job but the Mk 2 Router was noticeable faster.

If i was in your shoes, once your NowTV Super Fast Fibre goes live, try testing both routers and see which one is best in your environment.

Start with the MK1 Hub and firstly go to My Account > Technical Checks whilst logged in on here and measure the internet Down & Up speeds which is taken directly at the Router.

Then with your one test device (ie either a laptop, tablet, smartphone) use an internet wifi speed checker App and take readings in say two or three places in your home.

Write down the results for the Mk 1 NowTV Hub Router.

Then plug in the Mk2 Hub Router and just setup the new network wifi password etc on the same single test device above and undertake the same exercise above.

If the results are similar then stick with the older Mk1 Hub Router and keep the newer Mk2 has a spare back up.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Change the password on the new router to be the same as the one on the old router.

Make a note of that on a sticky label on the router, to remind you to re-establish it if you have to reset the router.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for that. I'm a bit of a numpty with this sort of thing. How do I change the password please?
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well, I hope someone who has the actual MK2 router will correct any differences between what I describe below and what happens on that exact router, but:-

I find the router address on my network. It’s 192.168.0.1 for me, which I learnt by going into the Information on the WiFi servings on this iPad, but you can get it similarly from the details on a phone. Or a laptop.

Then I put this address into the search bar of a browser (not into a Google search box), and I get asked for the username and password I should log in with. These are usually on a label on the router somewhere. The defaults on my router are (guess what) ‘admin’ and ‘password’.

Which they aren’t set to any more of course, but you will get in with your defaults on a new router 😊

Once in, I see a series of options, one of which is WiFi. In there, I can see, and change, the passwords. 

Passwordbecause they can be different for 2.4G and 5G, but I set them the same.

Then Save, and Exit.

Job done!

RoyB
Legend