cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Micro SD Message

A message flashed up on screen when loading the Sky Store app. It stated that my apps would load quicker with a Miro SD card inserted. Is this correct? If so what size?

8 REPLIES 8
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I noticed  this a few days ago too.

@Anonymous User Any news about this? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 @Anonymous User

No, I'll try to see if I can find out more

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @caseyb1993

Hi Ian

I did not think the SD Card port was enabled on the Now TV boxes, so I'm guessing the error message was a standard Roku OS message, which is the OS Now TV boxes run on.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Now that you mention it @ukbobboy

I think it was my Roku that I saw it on. Smiley Indifferent

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

The SD Card slot has always been enabled but its only use is to store apps, you couldnt put music and video file son it for example. If you have a card inserted the apps will install to it. However it has always been rather pointless since there are not a huge range of apps on a NowTV box to require expanding its storage. If i remember righly from previous testing the card is formatted and encrypted also when it is frst inserted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine has started doing the same (black NowTV box). When loading any app it downloads it again while saying it now recommends an SD Card. Surely this is something NowTV are aware of. It adds a relatively big delay in opening apps.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get this message too.  It has been happening since NOW changed their format.  I have 2 black NOW tv boxes and it happens on both @ukbobboy 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Abo

This thread is nearly two and half years old now, most people who originally posted here should no longer have this problem..

Anyway, I no longer use a Now TV black box (2015 model) I now use a Roku 3, the original that the Now TV box is based on.  That SD port is active and I've installed a 2GB SD card, as recommended, and it works, i.e. the apps that cannot hold in the unit's basic memory are stored on the card.

If the Now TV Black boxes SD port has been activated, and work as the Roku 3's SD port does, a 2GB SD card will solve your problem.

UK Bob