cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Low resolution

Been using nowtv for three years, up until last week never had a problem.

I'm with virgin broadband running speedtest averages at over 100mbps.

Using black roku box, connected via Ethernet cable along with my other nowtv boxes.

All last week started to buffer, then drop to low resolution that's unwatchable. This is about the same time nowtv introduced the new stick and changed default resolution from 720p to 1080p.

The black roku box is meant to be able to handle 1080p.

So far troubleshooting consisted of, reboot all four boxes, factory reset all boxes, applied all updates.

Ran home x 5, rr x 3, and ff x 2, set but rate to 2.5mbs no change reset back to automatic.

Rebooted my router, checked broadband line for errors, nothing, ran speedtest again getting over 100mbs.

I can steam all other apps fine via the roku box just nowtv that drops to very low resolution since last week.

Spoke to nowtv no help.

Not sure what else to do now, tempted to quite as no support, also reading this blog seems loads have had same problem recently.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

to chip in, my speed is a constant 70mb downstream, 5mb upstream, so hey what do we need to make the thing work 10gb or more? , a joke!

wait a while one of them will be on here masqaurading as a 'ghost user" to try and defuse the thread, seen them do this in the past rather than actually come up with a reason not an excuse.