cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Low Audio Volume & Muffled Speech on Movies

I can't find anything on the search so am posting here, although I can't believe that I'm the first to notice. Why is the volume so low & speech muffled on Now TV Movies? I don't get this problem with BBC I Player so I don't think it's the Now TV Box (Black), and so am thinking it's something to do with the Now TV Movies service? Is there a fix?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No one else noticed this ?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered when trying to view Movies on NOW TV. 

Can you please let us if this affects specific Movies? Do you experience this issue on any other device? 

Please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Seems that it's worse on some than others, it's been most noticeable on Interstellar.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know. 

We'll test this here on our NOW TV Box. 

Are you able to let us know if you have the same issue on any other device? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, yes I had the same issue on my Chromecast so I think it may be the way the sound has been mixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, this has been raised. We hope to have it resolved as quickly as we can.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

This has not been resolved. I tried to watch Interstellar on the Now TV box and most of the dialogue in the film is completely inaudible. I tried through my TV speakers and through my amplifier, but no different. In the end I logged on with my laptop and watched on that and the dialogue sounds fine.

Rob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes the volume is rubbish, I watch on my laptop, could do with subtitles. BBC I Player. ITV Hub the volume is fine and they have Subtitles

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I wouldn't mind betting that its the film's audio that is poor

I watched Interstellar at the cinema when it was released and they had it turned up so loud that when the music and louder sections played, it actually damaged my hearing. I now have permanent tinnitus in my left ear.

I had a decibel meter on my phone and it was regularly hitting 110db.

We complained to the Council, who instructed Dobly to inspect the equipment, who said it was calibrated correctly and the film was being played as the director had intended!