cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Low Audio Volume & Muffled Speech on Movies

I can't find anything on the search so am posting here, although I can't believe that I'm the first to notice. Why is the volume so low & speech muffled on Now TV Movies? I don't get this problem with BBC I Player so I don't think it's the Now TV Box (Black), and so am thinking it's something to do with the Now TV Movies service? Is there a fix?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have low volume on your now tv app it needs to be lowder please

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear about this.

Can you let me know if this happens across all of the movies you try to view ?

Also what device are you using ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've also noticed low/poor volume on about 50% of the movies I've tried to watch.  Each time I have to abandon the movie to try and find one with better,audible sound.  If this continues, I'm going to cancel my subscription.

I watch on my laptop and could do with subtitles. Netflix and Amazon both have subtitles as well as good volume.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've also noticed low/poor volume on about 50% of the movies I've tried to watch. 

Hi @Anonymous User,

Personally speaking I can't say I've had such audio issues when my NOW TV 'black' box is directly connected to my TV. Please confirm your playback device?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have the same issue when I watch movies on Now Tv.

Any other streaming is fine but for some reason the volume on Now Tv is very low. For example I usually watch my tv on sound level 10 to 14 . On Now Tv I turn it up to max 100 and still not loud enough. 

This is across all devices eg,

LG smart tv

Apple Tv

Mac Mini

Toshiba laptop (windows 10)

PS3

It is sometimes just the speech but generally both speaking and music. 

My tv speakers are fine with everything but Now Tv 😞.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem too, but not every film. It's happened on Last Witness and Red Sparrow. Can Now TV explain this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have these issues with both the Now TV box and the laptop. All other streaming services are fine. Just find the speech is muffled on Now TV. Have fiddled around with audio settings but no joy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don’t have any issues personally.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am listening through a Samsung tv connected optically to a Samsung  soundbar and woofer 

on tv I normally won’t put the volume higher than forty as the neighbours start to  complain 

but while watching now TV movies the volume is so muffled I’m have to turn the volume up to 100 and even then the sound is muffled

I seen it talked about on the internet here and there on various forums and including this one the now tv forum.

But no one seems to come back with a answer is it that SKY or now tv just don’t care about there paying customers  

Come on give us the answers we are looking for !

If it is has been said before down to compression of the signal then tell us then we can all cancel our now tv packages and look else where for a provider with better sound .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is no one replying ?  I have now cancelled my subscription to now tv and am waiting for it to run out