cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Love the new features - Thank you Now TV

Just a quick thank you for the latest features which are superb and exactly what i needed.

The 'Watchlist' will be perfect for me for creating a list of programmes that i want to watch at some point in the future as i sometimes forget about them when roaming all the content.

And the 'Watch Next / Maybe Later' is a great prompt to for when i'm watching a boxed set to quickly get to the next episode without interuption.

The icing on the cake for me would to be able to make a 'Playlist', but for now these new features are superb and pretty much what i was hoping for with the latest app update - Thank You

12 REPLIES 12
Legend 5
Legend 5

The new features weren't showing on my black box Friday and yesterday the internet was playing up. Be interesting to see if they work today.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
The new features weren't showing on my black box Friday and yesterday the internet was playing up. Be interesting to see if they work today.

It would appear that these new features were introduced in 'NOW TV app v2.4.84'. Which version do you currently have installed?

Legend 5
Legend 5

They are working now, the software managed to up date itself this morning. Not sure why did not show on Friday, box is left on so should pick up updates.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The 'Watchlist" feature is very handy, thanks for that.

The 'Watch Next / Maybe Later' pop up needs a bit of tweaking so that it doesn't come on too early.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also had a pop-up when the show was still running, I can't remember what the other option was but one was "Watching Something Else" or words to that affect, it's not something I need to see with two-three minutes of a show to go. The pop-ups shouldn't appear until at least the credits start or the show is over.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User as discussed in "Watch something new" pop up it should appear once the credits role.

Where NOW TV don't have the data just yet it kicks in 30 seconds from the end, however it looks like they don't have the correct run time for most show meaning it popus too early.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's handy to have the option to click to the next episode, but I don't really want pop-ups during a show, I'm sure they're just teething problems, but I always hate it when pop-ups appear on regular TV, we don't need them for NOW TV on-demand content, they're bad enough on live-TV.

Legend 5
Legend 5

I actually like that the prompt comes up just before the credits means can click to new program moment current goes to credits rather than part way through
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
I actually like that the prompt comes up just before the credits means can click to new program moment current goes to credits rather than part way through

Ideally it should pop up at the exact moment that the credits start (as it does on Netflix and Amazon).

At the moment, it's set to default 30 seconds before the end of a show, unless specified otherwise.  The assumption being that credit sequences will tend to be 40-60 seconds long.  Unfortunately, some file lengths have been reported incorrectly by the content providers, resulting in the the prompt appearing too early.

As far as I'm concerned, these pop-ups should never interrupt the show itself because they distract from the plot.  Especially when they appear a minute or more before the end (by mistake).

If people want to be able to skip to the next episode at any point, then a feature Now TV should consider is one which Amazon has on its Samsung smart TV app.  If you bring up the progress bar (rewind/fast forward etc) there's an option to select the next episode.  This should please everyone.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.