cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lost tv channels

I’ve tried rebooting. Restarting device. Clean start. Have tv booster for signals. Checked local tv antenna no report of problem. Problem is with now tv. When I scan for tv channels it is not the same as last time able to choose the bandwidth of channels before scanning.   Help. I’ve got all my other channels no problems. Checked wires.  Fuses. It’s not hardware problem it’s a software problem. Need to fix fast or lose customers  

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Are these the terrestrial tv channels, BBC, ITV, CH4, CH5, QUEST etc? And do you by any chance live in the North East of England?

If the answer to both of these questions is yes, then you are a victim of the transmitter fire at Bilsdale. This fire has knocked out tv for millions of people in the North east.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Nope south west
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is your NOW Freeview Smart box connected to the main TV aerial coaxial cable input or a secondary aerial feed via a splitter ?

If on a secondary TV aerial splitter feed, i would be tempted to test the NOW box by doing another rescan of the Freeview channels from your main television that has the main TV aerial input.

i would also test and rescan the TV channels on the NOW box with the TV aerial Booster disabled, just in case the Booster is picking up the weaker TV transmitter further away from your home.

Don't use my NOW Freeview Smart Box anymore myself to see i have lost Freeview Stations that is still available to watch on my BT Youview box or inbuilt TV Freeview tuner on the television itself.

Should you wish to contact NOW directly, then use one of the communication methods in this link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Edit- I didn't mention this below, because the way i read your post that you are still receiving certain TV Freeview channels over your aerial (unless i have misunderstood your question).

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/millions-without-freeview-fire-weather/