cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Losing Connection

I have 2 of the Black NOW TV boxes.

Both of them have received an update in the last week, one on the 6th August and one today.

After this update, everytime the box goes to sleep it has lost the connection to the WiFi and just says it is offline.

This always worked prior to this update, the second box has been working fine for the last week since the first one had the update.

If I do a system restart the box will pick up the Internet connection fine and will work until it goes to sleep again. I then need to repeat this process again.

If I try and search for Internet connection without a restart no available connections are found.

Would a reset to factory settings help this, or would it just pick up this update and break again?

Is this a signal that the Black Boxes are no longer coping and may be decommissioned?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Factory resets usually resolve the issues. 

Are you able to connect the box via Ethernet?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue here with the black Now TV unit. Started a similar time, must be a bug in a recent software update. Not tried a factory reset yet, just been reconnecting the WiFi daily. Will give a factory reset a go.

jdtv
Mentor

Just to wrap this one up.

Never really got anywhere with the customerservices address @gavs82008 supplied.

CS advised they had passed on to their back office team, but heard nothing back.

In the end I got their standard troubleshooting response on how to reset the box.

Poor solution for a software bug that clearly shouldn't have been released.

Be interesting to know if any of the more recent updates, ever fixed this?

I got fed up of waiting and having to manually reconnect each time, so ended up factory resetting.