cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Losing Connection

I have 2 of the Black NOW TV boxes.

Both of them have received an update in the last week, one on the 6th August and one today.

After this update, everytime the box goes to sleep it has lost the connection to the WiFi and just says it is offline.

This always worked prior to this update, the second box has been working fine for the last week since the first one had the update.

If I do a system restart the box will pick up the Internet connection fine and will work until it goes to sleep again. I then need to repeat this process again.

If I try and search for Internet connection without a restart no available connections are found.

Would a reset to factory settings help this, or would it just pick up this update and break again?

Is this a signal that the Black Boxes are no longer coping and may be decommissioned?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Factory resets usually resolve the issues. 

Are you able to connect the box via Ethernet?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same issue. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Factory reset does seem to fix the issue, just unfortunately you need to go through logging back in to all your apps again. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Factory resets usually resolve the issues. 

Are you able to connect the box via Ethernet?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue so I guess I will have to do a factory reset.  Why is it that every time there is a software update on the black box it causes problems?  Ever since the update a few months ago when the appearance of the whole thing changed it takes longer for my box to connect (when it does connect) and display the home screen, very annoying watching that little blue circle going round and round!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very same thing happening to me im now wondering why I switched total joke atm. Having to tether just to send this engineer booked but such a long wait time will be switching again very soon. Absolute rubbish sofar

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The issue reported by the original poster was because of the box not NOW broadband.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

we experience regular loss of connection usually after midnight. Getting to the point where i am considering ending the service. Never had an internet provider so unreliable.

jdtv
Mentor

I'm having the same problem since the last update a few weeks ago, this must be a software bug.

When it fails to connect I can go in the WiFi settings, select the exact same connection, which it then connects to.

Tried resetting the wifi settings and re-entering the password, which has not helped.

Loath to reset the whole box as it will take ages to customise and sign back in to everything!

Is there a way to formally report this?

It seems like poor to no testing has been done.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jdtv 

You could try emailing customer support with videos/pictures for evidence.

Address in below picture.

18A7C2B7-D7D8-48CE-AF29-5B893CAFDC02.jpeg