cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live Commentary

Anyone else had issues with not being able to hear live commentary on their Nowtv box? I can hear it through the app on my phone, but not through my big tellybox. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know what else to suggest apart from the information in this linked guide or temporary test the box on another television.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

I am not sure about the older black nowtv boxes, but on my newer NowTV 4K smart box and Stick, if you watch an on demand movie or on demand TV show episode on the equivalent NowTV pass and whilst watching press the star button on the NowTV remote and an audio option appears on the screen to choose from and change, though i don't know if it effects live sports commentary.

Don't think it works on a sports pass.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Live Commentary seems fine for me on Sky Sports Main Event on my NowTV Smart Freeview Box.

Haven't checked any of the other channels for the Everton v Liverpool match.

If the problem is still persisting maybe try a reboot on your box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I can get the fan chat on one of the other channels, and the simulated crowd noise too. Just not the commentary. It’s working fine elsewhere. I’ve tried rebooting the box too. It’s probably a simple fix, just hit a dead end. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What happens if you go into the box Audio settings and play around with the different Audio options (start with Stereo).

To be honest i don't know why you can't get live commentary (just tried the Sky One channel with the Everton v Liverpool game plus Sky Sports Premier League channel and again no problems for me using my nowtv box).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Tried that too, still no joy. 
I can hear the other sounds, never thought I’d miss Martyn Tyler, Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher!!! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know what else to suggest apart from the information in this linked guide or temporary test the box on another television.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

I am not sure about the older black nowtv boxes, but on my newer NowTV 4K smart box and Stick, if you watch an on demand movie or on demand TV show episode on the equivalent NowTV pass and whilst watching press the star button on the NowTV remote and an audio option appears on the screen to choose from and change, though i don't know if it effects live sports commentary.

Don't think it works on a sports pass.