cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Left my remote at home, how do I set up my NowTV box to the internet without it?

I've left my remote for my NowTV box at home, and want to set up my box at my parent's house - I've downloaded the Roku app, but it doesn't work unless the Now TV device is already connected to the internet which it isn't. How do I start the set-up process without my remote control?

Any help greatly appreciate - valueable cricket watching time being missed!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Assuming you have just unplugged your NOW TV box and taken it with you (ie you haven't done a hard reset of the box with the intention of setting it up from scratch) then you could connect the box (if it is a black Now TV box) up to the router with an Ethernet cable and then power up the box. The Roku remote app should see the box and you can use it to set up a wireless connection.

Or if you don't have an Ethernet cable, you could change the wireless network name and password on your parents' router (if it doesn't cause a family row!)  to match those you use at home, and then when you power the box up it will think it is seeing your home wifi and connect to it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User unfortunately unless you have an AllInOne remote which you might be able to program you'll need to use the NOW TV remote to set up the wifi. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Assuming you have just unplugged your NOW TV box and taken it with you (ie you haven't done a hard reset of the box with the intention of setting it up from scratch) then you could connect the box (if it is a black Now TV box) up to the router with an Ethernet cable and then power up the box. The Roku remote app should see the box and you can use it to set up a wireless connection.

Or if you don't have an Ethernet cable, you could change the wireless network name and password on your parents' router (if it doesn't cause a family row!)  to match those you use at home, and then when you power the box up it will think it is seeing your home wifi and connect to it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can i set my nowtv box up when its gone back to factory settings without a remote?