cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lack Of ALL Subtitles On "ALL4" App - Now TV Box

I watch a lot on "All4" but have never been able to watch subtitles on any programme. I click the "*" button on remote control and it says on the screen no subtitles are available for this programme or words to that effect. Underneath is a selector to always show subtitles (when available) or keep them off.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong as I cannot believe that all "ALL4" programmes do not have subtitles.

I telephoned Channel 4 and they said they would pass the query on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Unfortunately All4 don't provide subtitles on all devices, and the NOW TV boxes/Roku boxes are one of the devices where subtitles aren't currently available. You can use subtitles on All4 on the web, Android/iOS, YouView, Freeview Play and Amazon Fire TV.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Unfortunately All4 don't provide subtitles on all devices, and the NOW TV boxes/Roku boxes are one of the devices where subtitles aren't currently available. You can use subtitles on All4 on the web, Android/iOS, YouView, Freeview Play and Amazon Fire TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, channel 4 did advise me today that "All4" on the roku/Now Tv boxes doesn't yet show subtitles. What I like about the Now box is that it works fine on low bandwith adsl lines . I don't have any smart phones etc so I will give the web a try ,but using the web for "all4" may give issues with choppy playback or other problems. I don't know the system requirements so can't say until I have tried !

Fortunately I don't really need the subtitles ,it is just that when I listen to the words spoken it is sometimes easier for me to follow the subtitles in case I miss anything.