cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG TV

When I plug my now to box into my LG TV it keeps flicking on and off literally every few seconds.
The now tv box works fine in my Panasonic tv. The LG tv works ok without the bow tv box plugged in. It's literally ad soon as I plug in the hdmi lead (which I've also tried others just in case) I've tried resetting to factory settings on the TV and resetting the the Now tv box but neither works. I've also switched off the wireless router and reset that but again doesn't work.
Any ideas???
12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried a different HDMI port on your LG TV when connected to the nowtv box ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks. Yeah tried both but doesn't work in either...
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The only other thing that i would try (if you haven't done it already) is to go into the box menu settings and change the display from 1080p to 720p

Is it only recently that the nowtv box picture started to flicker on your LG TV or have you only now started to use the box on the LG television ?

Also, maybe try a forced software update in the box menu settings. 

Out of curiosity what is the model number of your LG TV ?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous UserI am assuming that you don't have a smart LG TV? Also what type of Now box do you have, black, white or smart.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I've only just tried using it on th LG, I'll try changing the resolution and the the forced software update and see what happens, cheers
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not a smart tv it's quite old, 42LD790
The now tv is a small black box, not sure what model?? Only a coupe of months old.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @4268 @schnapps

Hi Kez

I don't know much about LG TVs but I quickly looked up yours, the LG web-site seems to indicate that the latest software available for your TV is Software File (Version 03.21.62).

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/support-product/lg-42LD790#

Now I can't say whether you need a SW update or not but it's something you can look into.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Bob 👍🏻
Geluk
Expert 2

This discussion should be in the dedicated LG thread:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/LG/bd-p/lgtv