cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'Kids' auto play next episode, no longer working?

The kids package used to auto play the next episode. Recently this is no longer happening? Can anyone help? I've been through the settings and there are no options I can see. I've updated the software and unplugged the box! Any help appreciated please!!
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just wondering if you fixed it as ours is doing the same? 

Many thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey, unfortunately it's still the same. You're the first to reply!
We've been discussing cancelling the kids subscription due to this issue as it's becoming a pain! Especially if watching short programs like Peppa pig!
We can't find any information on the now help pages regarding it which is why I went to the forum pages. If you do find out anything more, please let me know!
Thank you
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same problem here, I did post it to a similar thread on this forum a few weeks back. And also a very frustrated parent of a child who loves Peppa Pig, which are only 5 mins long! Not found anything on why or how to resolve, going to try contacting NowTV directly but not holding my breath..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoke to online chat just now, their best suggestion was to do a factory reset and try again.

Did so and still the same issue but observed some interesting behavour -

1) It always plays two episodes (i.e. will auto play the next episode once), then drops back to the episode selection screen.

2) At the end of the first episode, you get a small window pop up bottom-right which shows the next episode and says "Next episode starts in..." with a countdown. It will then automatically play that episode when the countdown ends.

3) At the end of that second episode, if you watch closely you will see that same next episode window appear, but only for a split second as if it's cancelled itself. Then you are dropped back to the episode selection screen. 

I've recreated the above on a number of shows and different kids channels.

Spoke to online chat again and they have acknowledged the fault and told me that their "higher end team" is working on it. Hmm..

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,
I noticed that issue with the kids channel but not others! Mmmm, so lets hope the 'higher end team' can fix the problem!
Did they say if they would update you?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is always 2 episodes as well! Very annoying. Hope they fix it soon. My daughter doesnt know how to load an episode on the tv yet, shes ok on the ipad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ours has been doing the same with the playing two episodes and then stopping. It is very annoying and we have been thinking about cancelling too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's so very annoying isn't it?!! Maybe the more people who consider cancelling the better! NOW TV may stand up and take notice and fix the issue.

Its like dvds years ago when you had to press play for each episode of a series!! Nightmare!

Come on NOW TV!! Isn't the future of streaming supposed to be more streamlined and better than this???
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is still an ongoing issue. They put the price up and then we have to put up with more problems! Literally having to change programs every 5 mins.