cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

KIDS NO CONTENT, FILM GENRES NO CONTENT

I have a new nowtv black box with a 3months kids pass on 23/02/18 which worked perfectly the first day i bought it the second day it played up a little but now i cant see amy if the kids content on my t.v i can see films and entertainment i can even see sport which i dont have a pass for but everytime i go in kids its loads for ages and the says no content. Yes i could go in my app and get in in my watch list but the whole point i the box is so i dont have to do this. Im getting very frustrated with it. Atm i wouldnt recommend a nowtvbox especially with all the comments ive seen stating this cant be fixed if not then i shall sell the box and cancel subscriptions. I was so excited to get this to be let down by the technical issues ive had since the 2nd day owning one
7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. There is an issue affecting some users where they get no content showing in the movie genres, and if this is affecting you, you probably would need to wait for a fix. I've not heard of it affecting kids content, so just in case it's something else causing the issue I'd suggest first of all reboot your broadband router and then when it's back up and connected try a forced software update to see if it helps.

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

I have rebooted internet and nowtv box ive factory reset the box connected
ethanet cable and signed in signed out i have also tried the secret screen
numerous times and its still the same. Many thanks for your advice ill bear
in mind they have a problem atm hopefully solved sooner rather than later
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

There is an interesting post from the NOW TV Team on this thread mentioning that the bug should be fixed with the 8.0.3 firmware on a NOW TV box/stick (doesn't mention any other devices)

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Cinema/MOVIES-BROWSING-ISSUES/m-p/461198#M12986

Might be worth anyone suffering this issue on a box checking - from the box/stick homescreen go to Settings > System > About and check the software version is 8.0.3 if not go to Settings>System>System Update to see if an update is waiting.

If you are already on 8.0.3 you could try a forced software update to see if that makes a difference.

To do this press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

If anyone is still on 8.0.3 and getting the issue I would post a reply to that thread and tag @Paul-C so that he is aware of the problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you andy My nowtv box says there is no update im trying to force it
to update now
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has there been any info on this lately?

Did anyones fix / workaround prove successful?

NOW TV have gone quiet on this, so wondered if anyone in community had news.  Thanks in advance for any info.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are there any users that have had luck in fixing their issues? Ours still says no content after trying everything. Ready to fling it out of the window!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoke to NOW TV on instant chat.

1st person denied it was an issue until I posted links, then said it was a known issue that they were working on and would contact when resolved.

2nd person also claimed to have no knowledge of this issue.

NOW TV customer service is virtually non-existant.  Would guess this format will die a death - I definitely won't be paying for any passes from NOW TV and am afraid their reaction to this issue is symptomatic of a company struggling to make this work.