cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issue with Now Box

I am unable to move through the menus on my Now Box  and keep getting stuck.  I have changed the remote and this worked once and then the problem is back and just get stuck. I assume it is a problem with the box, rather than the remote. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you performed this troubleshooting?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-box-stick

Otherwise set it back to factory settings.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you - I’ll give both options a try.

Best

Marie

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you haven't factory reset the box yet, then before a factory reset I would try using the free Roku remote App on your smart phone or tablet to see if it will work with your NOW Box.

If the Roku Remote App works fine operating the NOW box then there maybe a problem with the IR receiver on the box.

When testing the physical NOW remote did you go close to the IR receiver which I think is on the right front corner of the box when you pressed the keys on the remote?

If the IR receiver on the box is receiving an IR command from the NOW remote the white light on the box should flash each time you press the keys.

Should the IR receiver be faulty on the box and you undertake a factory reset then you might not be able to use the physical NOW remote to setup the NOW box again and the Roku App on your phone or tablet will only work after the box has been fully setup using the NOW supplied remote. 

Should the factory reset leave you stuck in the Lets Get Started menu with no response from the NOW remote if you are pointing the remote close to the box IR receiver on the front, then you may have to look at a replacement playback device. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If the replacement remote with fresh batteries respond to step 6 on the trouble shooting guide that @gavs82008 kindly linked then your IR receiver between the box and replacement remote is working fine and it sounds like a software corruption issue on the box.