cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is the Now TV Smart Box still available

I am looking to buy another Now TV box and can't seem to find them anywhere.  There are the odd ones on Ebay and Amazon but the main retailers only have the stick in stock.  Does anyone know if this is a stock problem or are they being phased out?  

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you referring to the NowTV 4K Smart Box with the dash of pink on it ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Yes.   Cannot find them in the shops anywhere.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep the NowTV 4K Smart Box is a discontinued model (shame really where in my opinion it's the best model for various reasons which i won't bother elaborating on here).

Don't know if you have a local B&M Store where you live or what is their regional stock levels like (if any) but have a look at this.

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/search?query=NowTV 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, the only hardware that NowTV make now is the NowTV Stick. You can still download other apps, like YouTube, onto the Stick though so it's pretty good. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Well Guys

Don't know for certain but it seems that Now TV are gearing up to introduce a new model, probably a clone of one of Roku's latest models.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy 

From my understanding there is no new NowTV hardware in the pipeline in the short term, where i have made enquiries already on any new up & coming hardware trials 😡.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps 

Yeah Schnapps

You're more than likely right, but it does not make business sense to only have one model of Internet streamer available, especially when Now TV knows they have customers clambering for Internet streamers with extra TV based features.

Still, they must have a plan.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy 

I have no idea of NowTV's future Business model when it comes to hardware.

I can't see there is much money to be made from hardware with the prices they knock the sticks out for, where perhaps NowTV are looking to get their App on more devices (similar to the Netflix model).

Only time will tell i suppose.

ukbobboy
Legend

Yeah @schnapps 

I guess I'm really thinking old school.

Really Old School.png

UK Bob