cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is my box broken?

My now TV keeps disconnecting from my Internet, half way through programmes! It's not my Internet connection as everything else in the house works fine with no interruptions. It goes off and re connects 2 mins later, extremely frustrating. Have tried unplugging reconnection etc etc. Please help

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is it all the Apps on your NowTV Box that loses the internet connection or just when using the NowTV App ?

If it's all Apps, then perhaps try all the trouble shooting steps in this linked guide below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

Also if you got a second television in the home, temporary test the box on another TV to see if the same loss of internet connection symptoms persists, where this might then point you to a dodgy box or you have an internet wifi dead spot where your box was placed on the original TV.

Better still if you can utilise Ethernet, then try the box over a hard wired Ethernet connection to see if the box loses the internet.

If you said that the box was just jumping back to the home screen with no loss of internet service when attempting to watch the NowTV App, then i would have said there is a known glitch on some customers older black nowtv boxes at the moment where customers are awaiting a software patch fix from NowTV and the only work around is to access the NowTV App via the search tab on the home screen page of the box.