cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is Box Activation Permanent?

Hi everyone,

Once a box is activated with a Now TV account, is the activation permanent?

• Will the password ever be asked for again?
  • If the account is deactivated, will the box become deactivated?

The reason I ask is because I want to sell an old Now TV box with Plex installed.  Obviously if the box is deactivated the customer will have to do a factory reset and sign in with a new account, which isn't ideal for them.

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if you leave the boxed logged in it will be possible for them to watch your content and if the payment isn't enabled to buy passes. 

As the box needs a valid account to be used at all, I'd suggest that they have their own NOW TV account, as at some point in the future if you change your password, delete your account or they have a bug requiring a factory reset they'll need to do it anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply artesea.

I was worried about the potential pitfalls you mentioned, so I tried a couple of things as a precaution:

• The NowTV channels have their own separate login page, so I logged out using that.  
  • I changed my account password from the one used to activate box.

After doing the above 2 things, the box is still activated. NowTV channels can't be watched, but iPlayer, Youtube etc can still be used.

Based on that, I thought it would be safe to sell on the activated box- unless anyone knows different?