cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Intermittent Screeching Audio

Dear Now TV,

Please can you look into this ongoing issue?  Looks like the intermittent chirping/screeching issues with the audio have been ongoing since March of this year.  I have just returned to Now TV using the black roku box and the issues are still here.

Wireless 5Ghz channel 36 - optimum setting for WIFI.

On average this happens 2-3 times per film, it does not appear to happen on the kids channels though.

Please help.

thanks

42 REPLIES 42
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. I've noticed this too, and it only seems to have begun causing a nuisance in the last few weeks. Do you have any particular examples and time stamps for the team to look into? Or if not maybe make a note the next time it happens.

I did start making a note to report. For instance they appear here

The Strain S3E8 19:41 mins
The Last Ship S4E9 3:09 mins

Also Lights Out but forgot to note the time.

@Anonymous User do you know if the tech team are aware of this, or if not could you ask them to look into it? Ta!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @Anonymous User

Well guys

For me, the screech occurs between 3 minutes to 3 minutes 30 seconds after Archer has started, and this has happened on every single episode of all the current seasons on Now TV

As for Family Guy and American Dad, the screeches are at random times.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Literally just now.  Willow, 1:11:48.  

My girls had to cover their ears it was so high pitched.

I took the film back to that point in an attempt to replicate but the glitch had gone.  It has happened 4 times since watching willow alone.

I am picking up a new Now TV smartbox today in a cracking deal from Curry's so I can report back if that too as the same issue.

Cheers 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just checked and I don't get any screech round that time on Willow. If it doesn't replicate itself on rewinding then it's not likely to be an issue with the content file, it cold be a hardware and/or Internet glitch. During a time when nobody's using the Internet try powering down your router for a good 10-15 mins to reset the router and also allocate a new IP. Also remove the HDMI cable from both TV and NOW TV box and reconnect to see if either make a difference.

If you don't mind wasting a couple of minutes of time it would be useful if you could try one of the examples I've given though as they do happen every time for me but would be useful to have a third party confirm.

@ukbobboy Thanks I've managed to replicate that here Archer S5E2 03:43 which would suggest it's the content file at fault. @Anonymous User another example for you to pass on please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Thanks, let me escalate this! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @ukbobboy

I couldnt replicate the Archer glitch, which is frustrating but I have passed it along. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I used to get this on sky sports main event whilst the tennis was on

doesn't happen any more

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Andy @ukbobboy

I couldnt replicate the Archer glitch, which is frustrating but I have passed it along. 

@Anonymous User Sorry should have mentioned but you check on a NOW TV box/Roku as I can replicate it for both those devices.

Also did you check The Strain S3E8 19:41 mins
The Last Ship S4E9 3:09 mins

as both of those I can still replicate on NOW TV box.

If you can't then it's a bit of a mystery and 

image.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

got em

PointedUnequaledArabianoryx-small.gif