cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Intermittent Screeching Audio

Dear Now TV,

Please can you look into this ongoing issue?  Looks like the intermittent chirping/screeching issues with the audio have been ongoing since March of this year.  I have just returned to Now TV using the black roku box and the issues are still here.

Wireless 5Ghz channel 36 - optimum setting for WIFI.

On average this happens 2-3 times per film, it does not appear to happen on the kids channels though.

Please help.

thanks

42 REPLIES 42
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Walking Dead S8E7 17:51 on NOW TV Box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've noticed this on Entertainment, Movies and Sports channels and any TV programme, film or sporting event. It's as if static was discharged through the speaker anf thus can happen at any time. It's been happening to all my black Roku boxes for several months now. Sorry but I didn't note the exact date it started.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hmm not sure if I have the same issue, I moved from a white box to a black box because the white one kept crashing.  now the new black box has this glitch where there is an obvious click sound when there shouldn't be and some times the click is accompanied by a grey bar across the screen that lasts a split second.  Its worst with channel 4 player but I've noticed it elsewhere too.  sound like the same thing, or just a faulty box?

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

I am experiencing intermittant screeching/random colour distortion/picture breakup when watching live entertainment channels (not noticed this on non live channels) and seems to happen more frequently on  UK Gold, but have also noticed it on Fox.  Don't believe it's internet related as i get full 200mb speeds (Virgin Media) and is hard wired to modem.  Can anyone help?

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Update:  After contacting live support, (who were very helpful) i was advised to do a hard reset, and so far so good!  If this continues to be an issue, i was told the technical team would be in contact to investigate further. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any fix to this as it’s happening with my NOW TV Roku box which is brand new
Anonymous User
Not applicable
not sure, I retired my new box and now use my amazon fire tv stick instead
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. @Karl-F from the NOW TV Team did post yesterday that they are awaiting a fix for this issue so hopefully it should be sorted soon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

its been a known issue for many many months, and still no fix as been applied, despite posts by mods claiming they have passed it on and waiting for a reply( some of these were months ago)

surprise surprise no further reply from them

so dont expect one anytime soon

it just gets brushed under the carpet

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fingers crossed that some solution can be found and soon, as these screeches have been an issue for quite some time....... they have recently been fewer and further between for me (others seem to be getting them more frequently than me), but I'm getting to the point where I'm waiting for them to happen and it's a relief when you get through a show and it doesn't happen, it's like a small victory when they don't happen.

On my black box I've recently gone through a series of several different shows on catch-up (never watch anything live) and no screeches (maybe it's over), but then today I caught up with Mondays The Walking Dead and Active Shooter and the run was over... two screeches in TWD and one in Active Shooter.

Would really be great to see this issue solved once and for all.