cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Initial now tv box set up

Hi - I have just received my nowtv box but the remote seems to not work? I can't acess the home screen on my tv in order to connect it to wifi

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you point the remote closely on the box towards the RHS and press any buttons does the white light flash in response to a button press on the RC ?

Also make sure that you are on the correct HDMI input source on your TV which the box is connected too.

When you received and switched on the nowtv box for the first time was you greeted with a "Let's get started message" where you had to enter your WiFI SSID password and your account details ?

Firstly perhaps try factory resetting the box by pushing a pin in the small reset hole on the back of the box for about 30 secs to see if there is any difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your tips but nothing seems to work!

When you point the remote closely on the box towards the RHS and press any
buttons does the white light flash in response to a button press on the RC
? Yes it does flash, that means the remote does work..

Also make sure that you are on the correct HDMI input source on your TV
which the box is connected too. I tried it in both HDMI input sources,
including the one that currently makes my EE box work..

When you received and switched on the nowtv box for the first time was you
greeted with a "Let's get started message" where you had to enter your WiFI
SSID password and your account details ? No I didn't get to that stage - I
plugged it in and nothing happened

Firstly perhaps try factory resetting the box by pushing a pin in the small
reset hole on the back of the box for about 30 secs to see if there is any
difference. Also tried that and nothing seems to change
Thanks! hopefully you have something else for me to try?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve got the same problem and was not greeted with a welcome message! The box has a light on and it flashes when I use the remote but nothing on screen except for HDMI2 in the top left corner. Any ideas please?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just managed to make it work! I had to go in the TV settings and select the HDMI source it was plugged in rather than wait for it to appear itself. Hope this makes it work for you too! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

When you setup a nowtv box from new or after carrying out a full factory reset, then under normal circumstances you should see on your TV screen the "Let's get started" welcome message when your TV HDMI input source matches the same HDMI input port connected to the box.

The only things that I could suggest if you haven't tried them already is try different HDMI ports on your TV, try different HDMI cables and if you are still getting no luck, have you got another TV available in the house just to see if you can set up the box and update the software before swapping the nowtv box back onto the television that you intend using it for.

I know a few Toshiba Regza TV's had problems initially working on the nowtv smart boxes until it was connected to a different TV to update the software.

Out of curisoity what is the make and model number of your television that is not currently working with the nowtv box ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yeah the nowtv box on initial setup won't normally automatically select your HDMI input on your TV, where you need to manually do this yourself by pressing the input source button on your TV remote controller.

Glad you got it sorted Smiley Happy