cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Increase Font Size Of Subtitles - How ?

With increasing age I am finding it difficult sometimes to read the subtitles of Now Tv programmes that provide them. I do have  a 19 inch television which people might consider small and would possibly be a reason for the subtitles appearing small. However watching subtitles on the BBC Iplayer are ok to read .

I would like to know if there is something in the Now TV box settings to increase the font size. I have been thinking of getting a larger tv  (22 inch) but may then find after purchase that its made no noticeable difference to the size of the subtitles !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

On my smart nowtv box, if you go into settings, then captions, then there is a number of caption subtitle options included text size, colour etc.

Not sure if this feature is available on all nowtv devices, where you need to check.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

On my smart nowtv box, if you go into settings, then captions, then there is a number of caption subtitle options included text size, colour etc.

Not sure if this feature is available on all nowtv devices, where you need to check.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Hi @Anonymous User

Just to add to what @schnapps has said you should be able to alter the appearance of subtitles following the directions above. If you're using a NowTV branded device  Or a Roku. However, for all other devices you are not able to alter the appearance of subtitles

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the replys. I use the black box and found the solution in settings as recommended.On the Now box It was listed under captions and clicking on the remote there said captions were on. It was only then when I right clicked did all the options for changing the captions appear.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for the replys. I use the black box and found the solution in settings as recommended.On the Now box It was listed under captions and clicking on the remote there said captions were on. It was only then when I right clicked did all the options for changing the captions appear.

@Anonymous User Yeah, the the Roku/Roku powered NowTV interface can be a bit awkward like that sometimes when you have an option in the settings highlighted  highlighted always press the right arrow afterwards to make sure you can see all of the  sub options for that particular setting  that should be available to you

I'm glad we were able to help you outSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.