cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ignored my cancellation, kept billing me, DSAR ignored

I cancelled NOW TV because it wouldnt work with my system, but they have continued billing me for over 2 years. They have offered me 1 month rebate, then 2 months then 6 months but I believe I cancelled it and all the money should be refunded. I made a DSAR request on 19th April as I am confident it will confirm my cancellation, by law they need to respond in 30 days, it has been ignored. I have chased numerous times. 

Clearly they make it as difficult as possible to cancel and try to continue charging for services that are not supplied. Its impossible to talk to anyone, such a frustrating company to deal with. 

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-to-get-copies-of-your-data/what-to-do-if-the-organis...

but I do not know if the ICO would consider that you have exacerbated the problem by not checking your bank account for two years.

And it might be profitable to review the last two years of statements for other irregularities, with Now or with other outgoings, to ensure these are all in order. And if possible, to make this at least a monthly process going forward.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.