cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ideas forum button not live.

When I look in the ideas forum, the green button at the top cannot be selected. I don't particularly have any suggestions at present, however it would be good to be able to post ideas if I wanted. Is there a reason this is disabled? It remains disabled if I search ideas and is disabled on both PC and mobile.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @4268,

@Anonymous User is correct - I closed the ideas board itself some time ago, as there were many, many duplicates in there (from memory there were about 1200 entries in total, which equated to just over 100 individual ideas).

The topic here explains that we are still keen to receive new ideas, and that the general approach is to just start a topic in another board, then I'll move it over if it's suitable. You can always @mention me in your idea post if you want to give me a nudge that it's there too.

Since the changes we made, I can now really clearly see which are the most popular ideas, based on views, votes and comments. This information is now being regularly fed back to the right people within NOW TV to help shape our development roadmap. So it's definitely beneficial that we're doing it this way.

As for the button, I could remove it, but it's entirely possible that we'll change our approach again in the future, so I figured it makes sense to leave it there but greyed out for now.

Thanks,

Tom

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not live because people posted the same ideas without searching first, or logged faults there. 

One of the moderators will move a normal post to an idea if it's original. 

Legend 5
Legend 5

Well then what is the point of the button ?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The buttons there because it was live untill idiots messed it up and provde they were complete smeg heads and did not deserve a live post section  for what ideas they had... because they just spammed it again with the same posts...

The moderators then locked it deleted mega load of duplicate spam posts and topics and Then put a post up saying OK you can't regulate your selves so we are Locking it... so on and so on...

And the users of the forum lost that function... 

People can't have nice things cause some idiots will come along and break it constantly... 

So only mods can add content/ideas for people to vote up...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @4268,

@Anonymous User is correct - I closed the ideas board itself some time ago, as there were many, many duplicates in there (from memory there were about 1200 entries in total, which equated to just over 100 individual ideas).

The topic here explains that we are still keen to receive new ideas, and that the general approach is to just start a topic in another board, then I'll move it over if it's suitable. You can always @mention me in your idea post if you want to give me a nudge that it's there too.

Since the changes we made, I can now really clearly see which are the most popular ideas, based on views, votes and comments. This information is now being regularly fed back to the right people within NOW TV to help shape our development roadmap. So it's definitely beneficial that we're doing it this way.

As for the button, I could remove it, but it's entirely possible that we'll change our approach again in the future, so I figured it makes sense to leave it there but greyed out for now.

Thanks,

Tom