cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Idea for NEW Channel: RTE INTERNATIONAL

Suggestion for NEW Channel: RTE INTERNATIONAL. Currently only availabe on IOS (I think) but would be a welcome addition to NOW TV. Would be nice to see RTE content (IRELAND) on my NOW TV box instead of streaming through PC > TV. Anyone else like RTE?
8 REPLIES 8
Legend 5
Legend 5

Why would UK based service want foreign TV? You could argue should off French or other European too.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:
Why would UK based service want foreign TV? You could argue should off French or other European too.

BicBasher
Elite

@4268 wrote:

@4268The NOW TV box has the Vision TV Network app which offers tv channels from France and other countries for a small fee.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User NOW TV don't build apps for other services, those companies like RTE would first need to make a Roku app for NOW TV to consider adding to the list of apps. As it's iOS only, nothing NOW TV can do. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

How about moving this topic be moved into the Ideas for NOW TV sub-section?

Legend 5
Legend 5

I am old school to me a channel is one that you watch TV straight through eg Sky Living. I think a lot of you "youngsters" may use the word channel when you mean app. When I see these about channels my first thought is why would Now add that channel to the entertainment pass
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
I am old school to me a channel is one that you watch TV straight through eg Sky Living. I think a lot of you "youngsters" may use the word channel when you mean app. When I see these about channels my first thought is why would Now add that channel to the entertainment pass

Hi @4268 .

It doesn't help that Roku refer to their apps as channels. As you say, they're actually apps. Well, if we're being specific and very old-fashioned, which is how I prefer to be there actually applications.

Now TV stopped referring to apps as channels on the nowTV box a while ago and now any application on the now TV box is referred to as an app. I think they did this to try and deal with some of the confusion that arises when new customers. When using the box for the first time. There used to be a few people who used to say, I can't find Channel X or channel, Y in the channel list and they would need to be pointed to the now TV app on the box and to the watch live section in the app.

The term app is used to describe an application that has a narrow set of functions, as opposed to feature rich applications such as Microsoft Word , which has a very wide set of functions and a wide scope

Personally I wish the term app was thrown in the bin, and we went back to referring to things properly. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No we need to keep "app"....

Applications are FULLY complete and complex products like video editors, Spread sheets, Gimp image editor...

Apps are cut down and rubbish versions with restricted functions and features...

Apple do blur the line as MacOS applications start to be come apps as they start to do very little in features aka Imovie is not an application realy as its lost so many features its now an app... They have learned if people wanted a Video editor application they won't use Imovie app... they got final cut application or borrowed a PC and did a lot more with it...