cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ITV Hub

Everytime I click on itv hub it's says oops something went wrong. We are working on it? But it's been like this since yesterday?

24 REPLIES 24
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. Try uninstalling the app and then adding it again. To do this 

1. On the Apps screen highlight the ITV Hub as if you are about to open it but instead of pressing OK to start the app, press * and choose remove channel.
2. Pull the power from the back of the box, wait 30 seconds and plug back in.
3. When your box is back up, go to the App Store and install the ITV Hub app again (you'll find it in the Featured section)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem. IV tried what u suggested and it's not working. Obviously a problem with now TV??? 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. No problem for me, if reinstalling the app didn't help you could try a forced software update ...

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

However if that doesn't work I can't see anymore tinkering helping. Try popping onto live chat and see if they can help, although you may also need to contact ITV to see if there's an issue at their end as well. 

You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this problem for last two to three days;  everything alse is as normal.  It's not a Now TV problem as another, older box upstairs is working fine on ITV Hub.  I will try the uninstall/reinstall  advice with some trepidation as intervention by me always seems to make matters worse!  It is the latest model that is misbehaving so it is a bit odd that others are encountering the same problem.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No problems with ITV Hub here either. In that case might be better to contact ITV instead. You can email at itvhubhelp 'at' itv.com tweet @itvhub or call on 0344 88 14150 (select option two). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update:  I have just begun process of uninstalling/reinstalling the  app as advised.  I went to My Apps screen and, on a whim, decided to click on the ITV hub icon  before initiating the uninstall process, just to see what would happen.  Mirabile dictu, the app worked perfectly with full access to all ITV content.  I think I will leave well alone for the moment and use this entry method as long as it functions satisfactorily.  Clearly, there is a minor glitch within the system which has affected access to the Hub via the catch-up screen.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User That's interesting what you've said, looks like it's an issue in the deep-linking on the homescreen. There is a setting that can interfere with this working, however I'd be surprised if everyone has changed this on their own initiative, and if they did it would affect all the deep-links (to things like BBC iPlayer, All4 etc as well) not just ITV Hub. 

However I'd suggest everyone double checking that Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > External Control > Network Access is set to default. 

I'll also tag in a couple of NOW TV staff @Karl-F @Tony-D as there's been a few people mentioning this recently to see if it's something that needs passing higher up. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know. 

We've been reviewing the issue this morning, however we're not able to replicate the problem on our end. 

We're accessing the ITV Hub, from the My Apps sections on the NOW TV Box, is anyone accessing this any other way? 

Thanks,

Karl

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F having had a quick play it's not the issue I thought it was but it is a problem with the deep linking on the homescreen and catch-up screens. Click on any ITV content on the homescreen or catch-up screen and depending on which device it either just opens to the app homescreen and not to the actual content or (dig out the black NOW TV box to see this) it opens up the ITV Hub app and then displays a something's wrong error message. So it looks like those deep links are broken somehow, you'll have to work out if it's your end or ITVs!