Not applicable

I can watch Netflix or sky cinema but cannot watch live TV

I can watch Netflix and sky cinema but can’t watch live tv 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

So have you a nowtv smart Freeview box like the picture i posted in this thread where there is no Freeview TV channels or a standard nowtv black box where the live Sky Cinema channels are not shown on the now & next EPG or won't play ?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you say live TV do you mean Sky Cinema live movie channels or Freeview TV live channels ?

If you mean Freeview then you need a nowtv smart box like the picture below, together with a TV aerial plugged into the back of the box.

If you mean live Sky Cinema channels then if you are using a YouView box then this device only shows on demand movies only via the NowTV App.

What playback device are you trying to watch live TV ?

Smart_Box_main.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello. I have had my nowtv box for a couple of months no problem, I have been away for a few days so I turned off my plugs when I returned I turned on my plugs and tried to watch tv, I got the menu and could select apps or sky cinema but not live tv.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

So have you a nowtv smart Freeview box like the picture i posted in this thread where there is no Freeview TV channels or a standard nowtv black box where the live Sky Cinema channels are not shown on the now & next EPG or won't play ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorted...... I just turned it off and on again and .....ta dah!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a black now TV box. All was working fine up until a week ago 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don’t know what you mean by EPG?

all I know is that I could watch nowtv channels .... and now I can’t. The message says “unavailable try later”!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I replied to you on the other new thread that you posted on 😉.

EPG is short for Electronic Programme Guide which is the the live Now & Next TV programmes scheduled on your box.

Hopefully the link that i directed you too will work on your NowTV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello,
Thanks. What I did was change the time zone to Portugal and it now works!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have what you show in the picture, it all used to be fine until a week ago, I cane still watch Netflix though