cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't watch a series using my now TV box, but I can on my phone

Why can I stream a series on my phone and not my box? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @schnapps @Anonymous User @RoyB @gavs82008 

this issue is under investigation, we will let you know once we have an update

Thank you

* Please note that I am only able to look into content related queries, any account, offer, etc related. Please Contact our customer team or live chat for help.
Thank you

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You should be able too on your NOW box also.

What happens when you try watching from the NOW box?

Any error messages or error codes or what actual issues are you seeing?

Is it happening to all NOW Entertainment content or a certain particular TV show? 

Have you tried adding the TV show to your Watchlist and if there is a problem with the Continue Watching grid row then see if watching on the Watchlist grid row makes any difference. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is the series Alphas, I have it in my watch list and it still isn't working. I have tried moving it to different episodes with no joy also

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

It looks like Alphas S2 from Ep 2 onwards is broken (see this linked thread below).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Season-2-Aliases/m-p/585106#M19821 .

I only tested S2 Ep 2 onwards, where it plays on my Android tablet but no luck on my Amazon 4K Fire Stick.

@ContentTeam can this be looked at if haven't already? 

ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @schnapps @Anonymous User @RoyB @gavs82008 

this issue is under investigation, we will let you know once we have an update

Thank you

* Please note that I am only able to look into content related queries, any account, offer, etc related. Please Contact our customer team or live chat for help.
Thank you

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you updated the system software recently? 

Have you tried unplugging both box and your router for a few minutes?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't know how to upgrade the system. I have unplugged though and still not working 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Possibly because they are different ISPs

Who are they, in each case?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having an issue with the tv series the knick. Only episode 1 plays on the Now app on my fire stick and my now tv stick (all with new firmware) but the Now app on my 7" Amazon tablet will play episodes beyond episode 1 . Seems strange. I don't really want to watch it on a 7" screen and now block screen mirroring 😢