cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I WANT TO SMASH THE BOX TO PIECES!!!

I've got the new black box, this evening the programs have frozen about 20 times, each time the audio has continued but whereas before the picture would fast forward and catch up with the audio it now stays frozen. Eventually audio stops altogether.  Each time I go out to the menu and back in, it blips then continues to freeze.

i have taken the itv app off and put it on again.  The software is up to date (box is new) . I have changed the bitrate manually to 20mbps and have also left it on automatic.

this is getting more and more frustrating, it's been happening for about 3 months for me, on the white box and now the black box.

DOES ANYONE SUFFER WITH THE SAME THING AND HAVE YOU FOUND A SOLITION? I'm close to cancelling now tv subscription and just going back to good old terrestrial tv, I've never nad so many problems since streaming. 

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Ah thank you schnapps, I had a feeling that was going to be the final answer regarding this issue.  I did email itv back in July when it all started, they asked me the same old questions, "what are you watching it on" "what equipment am I using" etc and then blamed the box provider!!! 🤣🤣 I sent them a video clip of the programme actually doing the freezing and they said they'd look into it.....that was the last I heard of it.  I cannot believe they can't get this one problem sorted out, especially as so many others seem to be having the same issue. 😬

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You find that alot nowadays where the hardware manufacturer and the App provider will say it's the other ones problem and the poor customer just wants it fixed Smiley Mad

Should it have been the NowTV App on the NowTV box that was causing the user an issue where they had a perfectly fine internet connection to their box, then rightly vent your frustration towards NowTV who are both the Device and App provider.

I suppose the only thing NowTV could do which they may be doing in the background (pure guess on my part thou) is perhaps assisting ITV to come up with a solution. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Whilst I don't have any problems with the ITV Hub personally, it's definitely the third-party app that causes the most problems for people on this forum. It's just not particularly well designed.

However have you tried the STV Player instead? You'll find it in the App Store > Featured section. Can't guarantee it will be any better and because it's aimed at Scottish viewers it doesn't carry quite the range of content that the ITV Hub (you won't get the English live channels for instance) but most of the popular programmes are there. It's also slightly better designed than the ITV Hub, but still a quirky layout that takes some getting used to.

You'll need a Scottish postcode to enter in, so if you don't have one handy try EH8 8DX (the Queen's official Scottish residence).

Worth a try until you get somewhere with the ITV Hub.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Thanks Andy, I've added stv, I quite like the layout and it's good to see all my fave programmes grouped together!

so it's ok for catch-up but not live?

itv hub is ok when playing programmes back by catch-up, it's watching it live where there seems to be this freezing problem, can't believe they can't get it sorted. 😤

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Ah right, sorry I assumed you had problems with everything, if it's just live TV that's a bit more of a mystery (and an annoyance!) 

In that case STV is slightly less use as it only has two live channels STV (Scottish equivalent to ITV1) and STV2 (Scottish equivalent to ITV2). It's worth trying these out though to see if they work better for you, as while they obviously have a lot of local Scottish programming when it comes to watching the 'popular' shows they show most of the same shows at roughly the same times as ITV, so it might be useful to you until you get ITV Hub sorted.

PS I notice you say you've tried rebooting your broadband router, but have you tried turning it off for a good 15-20 minutes to force a new IP address allocation (eg maybe turn it off when you go to bed tonight and reconnect in the morning). Tiny chance it might help.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps  @Anonymous User

Hi Boots

Bit drastic you wanting to smash your Now TV box because the ITV Hub app doesn't work as it should.

Smashing.jpg

Mind you, I have a Roku 3 and I've noticed that programs on that app takes longer to start nowadays but, as Schnapps said, that's down to ITV, not Now TV.

However, if it makes you feel better.....

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

Well......maybe I won't smash the box, yet! I'm just so frustrated, we are now going to give up watching live tv programmes on the itv hub and just watch catch up, it's not right though, they should get it fixed!

this is not how viewing tv in this day and age should be. 😡😡😡

thanks for your replies though peeps! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why not contact ITV directly tell them issues with app because I did when had issue with ITV hub app using iOS device