cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I WANT TO SMASH THE BOX TO PIECES!!!

I've got the new black box, this evening the programs have frozen about 20 times, each time the audio has continued but whereas before the picture would fast forward and catch up with the audio it now stays frozen. Eventually audio stops altogether.  Each time I go out to the menu and back in, it blips then continues to freeze.

i have taken the itv app off and put it on again.  The software is up to date (box is new) . I have changed the bitrate manually to 20mbps and have also left it on automatic.

this is getting more and more frustrating, it's been happening for about 3 months for me, on the white box and now the black box.

DOES ANYONE SUFFER WITH THE SAME THING AND HAVE YOU FOUND A SOLITION? I'm close to cancelling now tv subscription and just going back to good old terrestrial tv, I've never nad so many problems since streaming. 

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Try rebooting your router

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If it was the router why wouldn't it happen on ALL the apps on the now tv box?

This ONLY happens in ITV app

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's just a suggestion mate, might work if you give it a go

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Sorry, but tried all of that, as others have that I can see from reading more threads. This seems to be ongoing itv app problem.

ps I'm a female lee......mate, lol 🤣

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What box are you using because I have one with freeview channels and I don’t get any issues with ITV Hub but if your issue keeps happening then I suggested to do factory reset how I had to do it for BBC iPlayer
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

The new black now tv box (not the smart one, just the basic one) - arrived brand new in the box directly from the now tv website this week. 

Before this his it was happening on my white boxes, downstairs and upstairs boxes, did factory resets on both, swapped boxes, software all up to date, took app off put app back on, reset wireless router, tried everything, live itv hub still freezes! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

According to this thread linked below you are not the only person effected by the ITV Hub freezing whilst watching TV Shows.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/anybody-else-getting-freezing-of-itv/td-p/432251

The responsibility of maintaining the ITV Hub App with software updates and ensuring the TV show content delivered over the internet on any device including smart TV's set top boxes including the NowTV boxes is the responsibility of the App provider i.e. in this case ITV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Thanks, I've seen that thread before, just takes you to where you're asked what box you're using, no solution that I can see 😤

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

To be honest i don't use the ITV Hub App the picture quality IMO is poor on any device you watch it on.

If you are suffering from the ITV Hub Picture freezing then Unfortunately you are in the hands of ITV to get this issue sorted, where it sounds like you have tried everything that i would have done on the nowtv box.

Sorry, i can't offer you any more advice where you are at the mercy of ITV to fix their App.