cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to get subtitles on box sets.

Good evening.

I know the subject of subtitles has gone on for years, so apologies if I'm repeating anything in this post.

I decided today to buy a 3 month entertainment pass now that subtitles have been implemented, my plan was to watch as many box sets as possible. I'm hard of hearing so subs is essential. The problem I have is I cannot for the life of me work out how to turn them on. I've Googled it and all I get is "press the * button and choose the speech bubble", I did that but there's no speech bubble. I'm using the black box 4200SK - Roku 3 if this helps.

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong section.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers for your reply. I guess this just shows how NowTV don't care about the hard of hearing/deaf. I'm glad I bought my pass from eBay (3 months for £4) and not directly from the money grabbing (so and so's)

Moan over 😄

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User unfortunately the choice of box sets with subtitles is limited. Lots of people have raised it. Quite when it will improve is uncertain.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers for your reply. I guess this just shows how NowTV don't care about the hard of hearing/deaf. I'm glad I bought my pass from eBay (3 months for £4) and not directly from the money grabbing (so and so's)

Moan over 😄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

At the moment subtitles are available on

Alan Partridge's Mid Morning Matters season 1
You, Me and the Apocalypse season 1
Bring the Noise season 1

on the entertainment pass so not a great selection (coverage is much better on the cinema pass, hopefully they will then turn attention to entertainment).

If you rely on subtitles to access entertainment content, what you could try is popping onto live chat, explaining the situation and seeing whether they would be willing to cancel your current 3 month offer and issue you a code to use at a later date when subtitle coverage is better.

Can't guarantee they will do this, but for a couple of minutes of your time might be worth a try.

To get to live chat, go to the following help page and choose the live chat option.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sure all those three shows have expired? I looked and the only Alan Partrudge I could see was season 2. I couldn't find the other two on the list. Seriously though, 3 shows, wow, they've really pushed the boat out haven't they (sarcasm)

I'll watch the few non English drama's what have subtitles embedded so it's not all bad, after all I did buy the pass off eBay for a cut price £4, so it's unlikely that NowTV will refund me and the £4 won't break the bank. I've tried live chat too, no help what so ever and all I got was scripted replies both times and a link to the same article that lists the three expired shows.

Thanks for your reply though, it's appreciated. Maybe one day in the next 10-15 years NowTV might implement subs on all content.