cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to connect to internet. Password not recognised.

I bhave recently switched my internet supply to NOW and that's up and running. However I have just fitted a NOW TV box but when I try to access my Apps or catchup, I keep getting that the internet is not connected. 

I have tried imputing the password that came with the NOWtv hub but that doesn't work.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Firstly have you tried factory resetting the box and selecting your new nowtv network id and re entering your nowtv password on the bottom of the hub (where i believe you need to input capital letters for your hub password).

More info here how to factory reset your box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box-stick

If that doesn't work, would it be practically possible to run an Ethernet cable from the hub to your nowtv box to see if that makes any difference ?

When you say My Apps and Catch-up that there is a no internet message on your TV screen, i assume you mean nothing on the nowtv box will play ?

Does your other WiFi devices in the house such as your mobile phone etc etc work over WiFi on the new nowtv Hub Router ?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps, I can't thank you enough for your help.

Got everything set up and even the clock has re-set itself!

Only problem now is the reception keeps breaking up every now and then but I'll have a look through the forum for some help on this.

Thanks again.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Glad you managed to eventually log in and setup your nowtv box Smiley Happy

When you say the reception keeps breaking up every now and then is this on the nowtv App live channels only or is everything effected including nowtv catch up and on demand the YouTube, BBC iPlayer Apps etc ?

If you go into the nowtv box menu settings under Network > About > what is the WiFi reception strength saying ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi schnapps, strength says excellent. It was really bad this morning when I was watching ITV but it's fine now.
Thanks for your help.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are referring to the live channels on the ITV Hub App on the nowtv box, then i also find these ITV live channels to be un stable with continual break up or freezing of the picture on my nowtv box as well (even when using a hard wired Ethernet cable with a 50 mbps download speed) Smiley Sad

This problem seems to be caused at ITV's end on their servers or maybe some sort of software bug in their ITV Hub App where i find viewing live content unwatchable and try to avoid where i can Smiley Sad

Hopefully, the ITV on demand and all the other catch-up Apps including the NowTV content on your box is working fine for you.