cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How should i watch NOW TV ?

I have a smart TV ( LG ) which has a nowtv app on it which works really well with awesome picture quality.

However i have a NOW TV box ( £15 one ) coming in the post soon, which would give me better results as i heard the NOW TV boxes are only 720p ? 

So should i continue to use the Now TV App on my LG TV or... use the Now TV box ?

thanks

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The NowTV App on your LG TV and the NowTV box both stream NowTV content at 720p (see link attached below for more details).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

I would use the NowTV box on a second TV in the house (if applicable) or keep the box has a back up spare if the LG NowTV App suffers any temporary software glitches or bugs in the future and you need desperately to watch nowtv where you can hook up the box to your LG TV until the inbuilt NowTV App is fixed.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awesome thanks.

The only concern is sometimes the audio drops for a few seconds on sky sports channels, is this a known error ? thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Awesome thanks.

The only concern is sometimes the audio drops for a few seconds on sky sports channels, is this a known error ? thanks

@Anonymous User

Haven't used a NowTV Sky Sports Pass in a while so i wouldn't like to say when watching the sports channels, where sound on my NowTV smart box works perfectly fine with no audio drop outs with an entertainment and movie pass.

Maybe try the nowtv box out and see if you are getting the same sound drop outs similar to your LG inbuilt NowTV App.

Out of curiosity is your LG TV connected to your Router via WiFi or Ethernet ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The TV is hardwired ( ethernet )

Audio drop outs are rare but i'll have to keep an eye on it as i wouldn't want it to happen all the time, only seems to be the case on the premier league channel

thanks !

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Forgot to mention, not sure if your LG TV supports the four main catch up TV services ie BBC IPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5 or you also want to watch the Sky Sports News HQ App (subject to having an active pass), then maybe you can use the NowTV box in conjunction with your LG TV.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Personally I think the LG app is better than the Now box.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really ? What is better about the LG TV App ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Why don't you test and try out both your LG inbuilt NowTV App and the standalone std NowTV black box, and judge for yourself which you prefer Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes,   i will do

Just wanted to see what others think about the two in comparison.

thanks mate 😄