cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Homescreen not working

For just over a week now the homescreen on one of my black boxes hasn't been updating. All the suggestions etc have been unchanged, even the advertisement for nowtv at the right side doesnt change.

I initially thought it was just an issue maybe on NowTVs end and that you were not updating it but after a week or so i relised something is quite wrong as my other black box is updating as it should do.

So i restarted the box via the setting menu. Now i have lost my homescreen altoghter!. Where the suggestions and advertiement should be i just have spinning circles.

So restarted it again, same result.

Have now done a full hard reset. Gone through set-up, logged back in etc and when back at the homescreen it is just the same again - spining circles!

Now im thinking its an issue with the box. This is the same box that got hit by the reboot loop bug reproted elswhere on this forum by myself and others, on the last software update that introduced the 'continue watching' feature.

Atttached image to verify..

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you try a forced Software Update for me please ?

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-011-NOW-TV-Box

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry @Anonymous User didnt see your reply until now (usually get an email when a reply is done but must of got lost haha).

I should of said, i did try that already along with all the other methods.

However i have fixed it now - well sort of...

It appears to be the advertiement that is on that screen which is breaking the homepage, however why it only effects one box i have no idea. Thought it may be a caching issue but all the reset/updates etc should have cleaned any cache out.

Anyway, I blocked the ability for the box to connect and load that advertisment and the homepage now loads (and updates) without issue. If i allow the box to attempt to download the advertisment again the homepage stops working and updating again so it is definatly a bug in the works somewhere around the advert.

Ive just left the advert blocked now anyway as that makes the box work.. the accidental added bonus is that i now have all boxes with no NowTv adverts on the homescreen - looks much nicer 😛

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it a Smart Box @Anonymous User ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

No it's just the normal black box.

I have noticed something else too with the homescreen and this applies to both my boxes. When taking the box out of power save/screensaver the box seemily issued an update request for the homepage and immediatly updated the highlights/siggestions etc.

That seems to no longer happen. While the homescreen does update it only appears to do so if i scroll down or up then back. For example, press down to 'Best of catch up' then back to 'home' will cause it to update or entering an app then exiting it will do the same. But basically i have to leave the homepage then return to it to see any updated info. This never used to be the case, exiting the screensaver would cause a refresh too which meant you always had the latest update on screen when returning to the box.

Still it's better than a blank screen of spinning circles 😛

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Strange @Anonymous User

Anybody else experiencing this ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having this same problem. How did you block the ad Andy?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having this same problem. How did you block the ad Andy-S?

Cinzanno
Scholar

Same problem here I am on the NIW stick tho and only one of my sticks do it... the other one is fine

i found that when it is left for 10 mi utes it if SA it... yeah that’s like watching paint dry...😀