cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help please my now TV.

Hi just bought now TV box and it won't find hdmi port. I've plugged other items in and it finds them why won't it find the now TV box and help please.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried it on another TV and it works fine am I doing something wrong :-(.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Try turning off both your TV and your NOW TV box at the mains for 20s and turning back on again.  If that doesn't work, try a reset on the box by holding in pin in the hole at the back for about 15s.  If possible also try a different HDMI lead & a different HDMI input on the TV.

I hope this helps, if not please re-post and a member of the NOW TV Team/forum member will get you up and runningSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thank you for your help. Still nothing. I've tried all day.

I tried in another TV and works ok but on main TV not a thing. I've tried different things in same hdmi port on TV and they work I cannot think what's wrong.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I'd suggest resetting the box if you've not already

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'll try again now. Thanks it lights up on front. And it flashes when I press button on remote so all seems fine just won't find pic on screen.
I've got Samsung TV. And hdmi ports not active till something in plugged in with power to make them active hdmi ports but I work activate.
I tried laptop and that activates.

Thank you for your help.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User

That's a strange issue you'e been having. 

Can you please let us know if this is still occurring? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Legend 5
Legend 5

It might be an issue with the HDMI port on your TV. Clearly it is not the box as you say you can get it to work on a different TV. Are you using the same HDMI lead on both TVs?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

It might be a simple case of trning the lead around...