cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huxley123
Scholar 2

HDMI not switching since update

Since my last software update a few weeks ago, my box isn't switching the HDMI channel on my TV.

I used to just wake up my NOW box with the remote and the TV would switch to the correct HDMI channel. Now it doesn't, I have to select it on the TV.

I can't see any settings in the NOW menu.

Anyone else had this problem since the last update?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @huxley123 

A couple of people have mentioned this 😠.

My NowTV 4K Smart box seems to be working fine with regards to the auto switching of the HDMI input source on my Panasonic television using the latest NowTV software on the box.

Maybe go into the menu settings of the NowTV box, then select System, then select Control Other Devices, then make sure 1 Touch Play is showing ticked in the box (if it's displaying ticked already, then disable it and re tick the box again).

Also double check in your television menu settings that the HDMI CEC control is switched on such has Viera Link, Bravia Link, Simplelink, Anynet etc for different brand television sets.

If still no luck, then perhaps try a forced software update on the box by following step 6 from this link guide below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

huxley123
Scholar 2

The forced update fixed it, thanks.

huxley123
Scholar 2

It only fixed it one time. Didn't work when I tried again later.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think this may be a black box issue only, not a smart box one.

Despite several versions of version 9 firmware being released, this is still not fixed; 4 months and counting.

I have several different TVs with black boxes, and 1-touch play worked perfectly with them all when running version 8 firmware.

Have tried everything: forced firmware update, factory reset, etc. but to no avail.

Please fix this. So annoying. Thanks.

huxley123
Scholar 2

I find if I reboot my NOW box it switches the first time after the reboot only. After the first time it stops switching again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think I may have isolated the problem and found a temporary workaround.

If I reboot my box it initially works for a while, but then stops at some point. So what changes? By default the box goes into sleep mode after 4 hours, so I tried switching this off. So far so good, but I will give it another couple of days.

The problem would then appear to be the hdmi going to sleep and not waking up again. Would prefer not to switch off power saving mode, so please fix. As stated previously, it worked in version 8 firmware.