cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilipB82
Mentor

HDMI error message

Hello

I am getting a HDMI error message displayed on my screen when I switch to NOW TV from other inputs. The message only stays for a split second then the NOW homepage loads. It never does it whilst watching content. I've tried the following... 

Changed cable

Unplugged cable, TV and NOW box

Tried cable in different HDMI ports

I don't know how you upload a picture as I'm posting from my phone for the time being.

Its a black screen with write writing. The error code it gives is 020. The top line reads 'To play this content, all HDMI connections must support High bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP). Then it gives you steps on unplugging the cable, turning everything off...etc which I've tried.

My Freeview box and DVD player is unaffected. 

What could this be? Faulty box?

Thanks

Philip

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for link royb

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been getting this also sometimes when 1st switch on but mine is not a Fire stick it's a Now tv 4k blk box & the HDI cable came with it so don't understand why there should be an issue.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The common factor in both cases is that this is an interaction between the Now app and the TV.

it’s not an HDMI cable issue, not with any HDMI cable supplied with the device Now is running on anyway, and it’s not a platform issue, e.g. Amazon Fire device versus Now/Roku device.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Amiga1200 

Does not compute.

We can see from the very useful screen shot that this message originates from the Now(TV) app, which could hardly be too slow for itself 😛

But it could still be that the Now app is too hairtrigger, too quick to decide that the TV can’t do HDCP 2.2, whereas perhaps before the latest update it gave the TV longer to respond?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am getting this message but I have never had a box, I use a Roku stick, so it cannot be the fault of the box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it only started when new software update i have got a new fire stick will set it up at weekend