cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDMI colour space: RGB vs YCrCb

I've got a projector (acer H5350) which squashes the blacks when in YCrCb mode but is find in RGB. Can I switch the HDMI colour space to RGB? Is there an "advanced" setting buried in the menu?

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not aware of any hidden menu or advanced setting on either the NowTV or Roku Players.

I read somewhere in the past on one of the AV or Roku forums that the Roku Players use RGB HDMI output where it auto detects the display type connected to it either TV or PC Monitor and automatically adjusts the RGB Range between Normal / Limited (TV Display) or Full Range (PC Monitor) not sure how accurate this information is mind.

I am guessing you already own the NowTV box or stick hence the question ?

I have used both my NowTV boxes and Roku Sticks with my HC Projector and both play fine with dark blacks and good colour accuracy where i left the Projector Colour Space setting to Auto (rather than RGB or YCbCr).

I know my Apple TV generation 3 streaming box offers in it's HDMI output settings a choice to force either Auto, YCbCr, RGB High or RGB Low, but i am not sure going forward how long NowTV will be supporting the NowTV App on the older ATV gen 3 boxes.