cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy questions about DHCP were more frequent with the white boxe. At least with the newer boxes you also get a message on the screen alongside the purple screen.

There isn't a level of agressivness, the other device has either completed the handshake or not. Whilst I think that the white boxes (5) are still one firmware version behind the black boxes (6), all Roku devices including the lite are now up to OS7.

Something as simiple as not inserting the HDMI cable correctly in to the box can be a factor.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

As usual, I cannot fault most of what you are saying but I do have an issue when you pre-suppose that so many users could possibly be making such novice-type errors, such as not plugging in an HDMI cable properly. Quite frankly, if I was accused of this I would feel insulted.

So, this is where we disagree, you believe that the problem is mainly caused by "user-error" while I believe it's something technical.

You know Artesea, it's always an educational experience when having a discussion with you.

Anyway, I hope the problem is soon solved.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy no I'm saying the possible difference between the two boxes could be user error, it could also be the quality of the cable, other hardware also connected to the tv, the tv just needing a restart, the hdmi port on the back of the tv, using an HDMI switch, routing via a soundbar. There are very few users reporting it worked on white but not on black, but quite a few reporting they have issues with either boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wrong wrong wrong. White box works fine, black one is bobbins. cables same. tv same. no issue with white box. It most certainly is the box, not the way I'm using it or my other hardware.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Wrong wrong wrong. White box works fine, black one is bobbins. cables same. tv same. no issue with white box. It most certainly is the box, not the way I'm using it or my other hardware.

Oh jeez mate.

Please just answer the questions. Perhaps your box has developed a fault and needs to be replaced!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to get irate but you are asking me questions I have already given you the answers to if you even bothered to read my comments before touting your generic parp answers at me!

Out of interest, how long was the 'black' box working correctly before you started having problems?  Never... It was brand new from the shop yesterday.

What other devices do you have connected to your Samsung LE32B450C4W television? None whatsoever!

And before you ask again, no I have no splitters or any other hardware between TV and Now box and yes I have tried 3 different cables

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Never... It was brand new from the shop yesterday.

Thanks for the reply...

I suggest you return your black box and ask for a replacement or refund.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your NOW TV Box.

To rule out this being a faulty box, are you able to test the box on another TV?

Have you tried removing all wires from the TV/Box/Wall for several minutes and re-connecting them?

Please also ensure there are no screensavers active on your TV.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

SpazzyPig wrote:

Sorry to get irate but you are asking me questions I have already given you the answers to if you even bothered to read my comments before touting your generic parp answers at me!

Out of interest, how long was the 'black' box working correctly before you started having problems?  Never... It was brand new from the shop yesterday.

What other devices do you have connected to your Samsung LE32B450C4W television? None whatsoever!

And before you ask again, no I have no splitters or any other hardware between TV and Now box and yes I have tried 3 different cables

The reason you get this message is because some devices have content protection built in.

Don't quote me on this but I think the 'problem' is with the box that sends a signal to check if the display device (TV, projector, etc) is authorised to play the content.

My lcd projector has similar issues. It used to play content from media players and computers but stopped doing so some time ago.  At the same time, my TV is not affected.  The TV plays content from the Now TV box but the projector won't! The projector shows images, apps, etc from the Now TV box but as soon as I try to play anything, it is blocked.

I guess the old white Now TV box didn't have this protection but the new black one does.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Content protection...  

Read this EE Times article which explains the HDCP technology in detail:

http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1273716