cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just sorted this issue out on my black box

press the home key

select settings 

select restart settings

let the system reboot and thats it !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem with my Now TV box, I switched off the power, unplugged the HDMI cable from the unit (which was supplied in the box), plugged it back in and powered it back up and it fixed the problem. It could be static causing the issue? If it is a problem with the box itself then it may need a redesign depending on whether it is software or hardware related.

Either way I am very pleased with my box and would highly recommend Now TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh I have the black Now TV box, and I'm using a Samsung TV, with the Display Type set to HDTV 720 - incase that helps anyone trying to clarify the overriding problem 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Oh I have the black Now TV box, and I'm using a Samsung TV, with the Display Type set to HDTV 720 - incase that helps anyone trying to clarify the overriding problem 🙂

What model number of Samsung television?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Samsung LE32B450C4W - Same problem as everyone else is complaining about, tried 3 different HDMI cables including the one it came with, and none of them work. Tried resetting the box as other people have mentioned makes no difference. Tried swapping between 1080 and 720, makes no difference. Old whitye box worked fine on same TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having this problem and I just bought the box 2 weeks ago it is so annoying especially when I have to do a complete reset and swap the HDMI cable around I am certainly thinking about not subscribing next month but I do enjoy watching a good movie can you sort this out Asia is an inconvenience to me I am disabled and I will only complain on your Facebook page everytime
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Has this Box previously worked?

If possible, please try with another TV. 

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes it is Brand new one only bought on the 2nd of this month and yet this
purple screen with content disabled comes on when I go to movies especially
when I select one to watch oh!!and in classics the movie Villa Rides is not
working which is very disappointing

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for your reply.

It could be a faulty port on your television, have you tried the box on another television to check?

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I did try another tv with my box and we seem to be going round in
circles here