cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Perhaps the following HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working... topic may be of use to you?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

why am i getting this purple screen

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It relates to High -Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) where there is a HDMI handshake or HDMI HDCP license issue between your Playback Device, Cable and Display.

See help guide linked below for further information about a purple screen on your display.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Purple-screen-with-sound-NOW-TV-box

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello NOW TV Team Members,

In order to reduce duplication. Can this topic be merged into this forums existing/dedicated HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working... topic please?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem after nearly 2 years of using my white now tv box it has just started this unauthorised content message! Ive tried re booting resetting unplugging another cable and no difference.My tv is an old wharfdale about 19 in screen only the 1 connection with hdmi cable from box to tv but to no avail !! Can someone help please !!!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have the same problem after nearly 2 years of using my white now tv box it has just started this unauthorised content message! Ive tried re booting resetting unplugging another cable and no difference.My tv is an old wharfdale about 19 in screen only the 1 connection with hdmi cable from box to tv but to no avail !! Can someone help please !!!

Sadly many early televisions fitted with HDMI connections are prone to HDCP issues, mostly due to them not correctly complying with the connection protocol in the first place!

Have you looked to see if Wharfdale have ever issued any software/firmware updates for your model of television?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have a Wharfedale and am now getting exactly the same message despite it working fine for the last 2 years prior to the latest update.  I know its not the port as my PS3 works fine when plugged in...

Looks like it could be an issue with these Wharfedale tellies then not playing nicely with DHCP enabled equipment...

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I also have a Wharfedale and am now getting exactly the same message despite it working fine for the last 2 years prior to the latest update.  I know its not the port as my PS3 works fine when plugged in...

Looks like it could be an issue with these Wharfedale tellies then not playing nicely with DHCP enabled equipment...

Out of interest...

How old is your NOW TV 'white' box. And is there any particular reason why you have not upgraded to the more powerful NOW TV 'black' box?

Indeed, are you aware that very often there are 'Entertainment' or 'Movie' voucher pass deals that includes the newer NOW TV 'black' box (bundled together). Which effectively means the newer box ends up costing nothing Smiley Wink

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

tried rest twice didnt work - NEVER HAD THIS PROB BEFORE in over a year have old white box but been great also unplgged replugged re logged in to tv still no joy going nuts! couldnt get through to chat as too late. in despair!! 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. Followed your instructions and its remedied the problem.