cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

I have LG, Panasonic and Samsung televions and I don't have this issue...

Millions of positives don't prove a positive, but all it takes is a single negative to disprove it.

I'm just trying to discover what the issue may be. The more detailed information people provide the easier it is to come up with a solution!

Out of interest. Are you guys using 'high speed' HDMI leads?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Or even a HDMI switch due to lack of ports on the TV?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Very good point. HDMI to DVI adaptors are another 😉 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Very good point. HDMI to DVI adaptors are another 😉 

I will need to check on the leads.  No HDMI to DVI adapters, just HDMI connection leads.

One of the TVs, the LG, uses a 4:1 auto-selecting switch to one of the HDMI inputs, but the others don't have anything, just straight into an available HDMI input.  However all of the TVs show the problem with the black box and never show any problem with the white box.  Both boxes set to output 720p.

Still convinced this is a black box problem, as discussed on several threads in the Roku forum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Still convinced this is a black box problem, as discussed on several threads in the Roku forum.

The white box also has this "problem", but it's down to the cables/switches/tvs. I've seen only a handful of reports of the issue with the black box, the only difference is now the purple screen also includes text that the reason is DHCP

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Amalia wrote: Still convinced this is a black box problem, as discussed on several threads in the Roku forum.

And no don't people over on the Roku forum post very little detailed information about their A/V set-ups too!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

That should read... No doubt (not no don't) people over on the Roku forum post very little detailed information about their A/V set-ups too!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As well as two of my own cables I also used the one it came with in the box... surely you wouyld think they would send it out with the right kind in the box? Ridiculous!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

As well as two of my own cables I also used the one it came with in the box... surely you wouyld think they would send it out with the right kind in the box? Ridiculous!

This issue is not exclusive to NOW TV devices, it can happen with any make/model of HDMI connected device!

Out of interest, how long was the 'black' box working correctly before you started having problems?

What other devices do you have connected to your Samsung LE32B450C4W television?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I keep getting a purple screen with Dcp unauthorised content disabled. I have turned off screensavers, updated software and check all connections but I still get the same message, the program sound runs but not the picture. Can anyone help please?