cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Please refer to the following HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working topic...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was watching a movie last night (15/8/16 at about 9:30pm - 11:30pm) and every so often I would get some interference / static then a message would flash up very quickly before going back to normal.

The message seemed to be on a purple background with blue, simple, blocky "8-bit" writing and either said

"No authorisation. Check connection" or
"No connection. Check Internet"

But not quite sure as it was only on the screen for a second.

Any ideas?

I have power cycled everthing but not watched anything again since.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this.

The only message that I can think of with a purple screen would be to do with the HDCP connection.

When you get a chance can you check again and if the error comes up try and get the exact error ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The tv is failing. So everyrhing works perfectly yet now tv on my xbox that worked yesterday just decided to screw up today yet doing a quick check on and around my tv everything is working correctly the the performance is as good as the day i purchased it. Ok then. If you have no idea just dont make a comment...
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  there is  a known issue with XBox that Microsoft are working on which may or may not require Now TV action.  In the meantime do you have any of these devices? http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So how do we fix this .very frustrating
Anonymous User
Not applicable

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi there @Anonymous User

Remove your HDMI lead and put it back in. If this doesn't work, do you have a spare lead to try?

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

5-10 times a day here

junk now box

New black one Amazon

angry

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

5-10 times a day here

junk now box

New black one Amazon

angry

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the made and model number of your TV? Depending on it's age it might be unstable with the NOW TV 'black' boxes '1080p HD Display' output mode option...