cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear All,

I have a same problem . I did make a factory reset on my tv (Samsung), and 2 black and one white box - purple screen still here. I changed the hdmi cable as well and removed my chromecast. I have no more idea how should i fix the problem. No more TV in my house now.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

You don't need to factory reset the TV although it can be a bit of a pain to sort. I'd try unplugging both TV and NOW TV box for 40 seconds, whilst they are powered down unplug the HDMI cable at both ends and reconnects, then power everything back up.

More info here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Purple-screen-with-sound-NOW-TV-box

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

You don't need to factory reset the TV although it can be a bit of a pain to sort. I'd try unplugging both TV and NOW TV box for 40 seconds, whilst they are powered down unplug the HDMI cable at both ends and reconnects, then power everything back up.

More info here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Purple-screen-with-sound-NOW-TV-box

@Anonymous User Follow Andy's instrcutions and this should fix the problem for you. Leave them out for more than 40 seconds if you want to be double sure 🙂

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

Sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with your NOW TV Box. 

Can you please let us know how long you have left the box unplugged for? 

Can you please let us know if you have tried with a gold shielded HDMI cable? Do you experience this issue on a different TV? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I left the box unplugged for a couple of minutes, I am only using the HDMI cable supplied with the box as I have no other cable available
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had this fault today for the first time.  After searching the Internet, I tried new HDMI cable, unplugging power cable from the nowtv box, re starting the box, disconnecting and re connecting the wifi, all without success. 

Only when I turned off the power to both the nowtv box AND the TV for a couple of minutes did the service return to normal. 

I have been greatly impressed with nowtv up to this point, and I hope this is only a minor glitch. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried all opions still nothing and on all apps HDCP purple screen on all how do i fix please

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Tried all opions still nothing and on all apps HDCP purple screen on all how do i fix please

Hi and welcome to the forum,

In the interest in collecting information: -
Which make and model number of television do you have?
Which make and model of Now TV playback device do you have?
Is your Now TV playback device directly connected to your television or is it connected through a surround-sound amplifier or HDMI switch?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having same problem black now tv box says this error on both movies and entertainment. The Apple TV plays ok. Tried changing HDMI cables restarting box and tv. Nothing works. To add as well the HDMI cables are sky branded ones and the Tv is Samsung ue32es5500 also tried on different tv and that did the same. Box is only a few months old.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

Can you please unplug the NOW TV Box and the TV for a few minutes, then plug these back in and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team