cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The black box shows up my Watch list only in 720p and has errors in 1080p. I don't have the HDCP error on the black box but do on the white one
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the purple screen of doom a few times now..but oddly the box works. Reading through I see alot of it must be your tv or other stuff you have plugged in is causing the problem but as often my box works and I have nothing but now tv plugged into my tv. I very much doubt it is the case. So far I have reset, unplugged, pressed the little reset hole thing with a paperclip and prayed to the gods for some tv but all to no avail. Cunningly it has happened straight after me signing up again with you now tv..so well done, you have my money but are providing no service...rather than giving us all the it's your tv and have you tried turning it on and off again...could you not use our money we pay you to investigate and resolve the problem? Any useful sensible suggestions are welcomed.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I used to get this same problem with a Virgin tivo box so they sent an engineer round who said no problem & changed the box, problem solved.  My question is to all those people who say there is nothing to fix is why do Now tv boxes appear to have more than their fair share of this problem compared to other streeming services  or equipment  for example tablets, laptops, sky or virgin boxes.

This is a genuine  question  informed answers would be appreciated, as they say every day is a school day

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

As with any HDCP connectivity issue, it's always useful to confirm the make and model number of your TV (display device). But very few people do 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem changed port on my Samsung tv and now sorted I have a fire stick connected to is this causing interference ?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just worked for me, thank you
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kept getting purple screen with HDCP Unauthorised. Content disabled so I tried live chat help however phone was running slow & after 5 minutes waiting I got cut off so I tried this forum. After disconnecting the HDMI & other cables finally got it working until I moved my Now TV box & it came back. A quick wiggle of the HDMI was all it really needed. It's like the scart leads they were famous for giving sound but no picture or vice versa & a wiggle or gentle push into the socket fixed it. It was thanks to the advice on this forum I tried the leads in the first place so thanks guys and girls. Next time you have this problem TRY Your HDMI
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this problem too since activiating an Entertainment pass and have used the previous advice of Home/Settings/Systems/System Reset.....same impact but at least I don't have to leave my seat.

Whilst some say that technically it may not be the problem of NOW TV, they should surely come up with a solution.

Good luck!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Whilst some say that technically it may not be the problem of NOW TV, they should surely come up with a solution.

Hi @Anonymous User,

HDCP issues are not exclusive to the NOW TV boxes, they can happen to any HDMI connected device. Indeed, it happened with my Virgin Media HD box a couple of days ago 😉

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User,

HDCP issues are not exclusive to the NOW TV boxes, they can happen to any HDMI connected device. Indeed, it happened with my Virgin Media HD box a couple of days ago 😉

And my Roku. 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂