cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I went down the system reset route and I still have the screen and error message.  It looks as if it is a common error, but no troubleshooting tips for this on the Now TV website!

I will try unplugging it all now though and see if that works, if not I am going to return the box.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Here's a troubleshooting guide taken from NowTV website Help Centre.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/purple-screen-no-picture-on-now-tv-box

Out of curiosity what is the make & model number of your TV and which NowTV box are you using ?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...It looks as if it is a common error, but no troubleshooting tips for this on the Now TV website!

How about this one @Anonymous User?  Link: Purple screen with no picture on NOW TV Box

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just come across this problem for the first time 2 months in to being a Now TV customer. I was too lazy to get up as all cosy on the sofa after a long shift at work! So I opted to try AmaliaM's solution and went into Settings - System Restart... it worked straight away, no more purple screen 🙂
Thanks for the help guys!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes the systems/restart method worked for me too!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get this issue regulary but only since I replaced both my original White NOW TV boxes with the newer black ones.

I never ever got this problem with the white NOWTV boxes, used them for well over a year. After buying 2x black NOWTV boxes to replace the white ones sadly I get this every couple of days. I have to pull out the HDMI cable from the back of the NOWTV box and reconnect to get it to work!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.  This article may be of use http://help.nowtv.com/article/Purple-screen-with-sound-NOW-TV-box

I hope this helps, if not please re-post and a member of the NOW TV Team/forum member will get you up and runningSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

None of the above resolves my issue. The black boxes seem to be more sensitive.

I could always revert back to the old white boxes I suppose.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that 😞

We managed to fix this by unplugging everything, hold the reset button down for 10-15 sec, plug everything back in and try again.

Can you also tell us your TV type and model?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung LE32B450C4W