cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This worked for me! many thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi did you find a solution because I'm having the same issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User what have you tried so far? The normal method is to turn of both the box and TV. Removed the HDMI cables and put them back. Try alternative HDMI cables and to make sure that you don't have any other devices connected in between.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same problem.

Simplest solution is to press "Home" on the remote, then select Settings/System/System Reset.

The box reboots and the problem is fixed - until it goes into standby, when it needs repeated.

Its a clunky fix, but a lot less clunky than scrabbling around with HDMI leads at the back of the TV!

NowTV or Roku need to fix this.  Loads of reports of the same problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

NowTV or Roku need to fix this.  Loads of reports of the same problem.

There is nothing for NOW TV to fix. The TV is failing to report that DHCP is enabled so to protect the content the box refuses to playout the video. 

When you reboot the box you're getting the TV to forget about the device and make it renegotiate, often switching HDMI sources will do the same thing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If its the TV that's the problem, then explain why the white NowTV box never gets the problem and the black NowTV box gets it every day - irrespective of which TV they are connected to.  I can swap the black box to the TV that the white box was connected to and vice versa, the problem always stays with the black box and the white box never has the problem.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

If its the TV that's the problem, then explain why the white NowTV box never gets the problem and the black NowTV box gets it every day - irrespective of which TV they are connected to.  I can swap the black box to the TV that the white box was connected to and vice versa, the problem always stays with the black box and the white box never has the problem.

The 'white' box only offered a '720p HDTV' 'Display Type' output mode. The 'black' box offers two 'Display Type' output modes,  '720p HDTV' and '1080p HDTV'.

Which 'Display Type' output mode have you selected on the 'black' box?

What make and model of television do you have?

Personally, I've not had an issue with either of the 'Display Type' output modes with my televisions...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Both boxes are set to output 720p.  I haven't tried to run the black box with 1080p as I was comparing it with the older version.

Main TV is Panasonic, second LG, a third Sony and another "noname" cheapo .  The problem is independent of the TV that the box is connected to.  The white box never has the problem, whether it is connected to the Panny, LG, Sony or noname.  The black box always has the problem after it has gone into standby, irrespective of the TV it is connected to.

It IS a black box problem and the main Roku forum is full of complaints about this very issue.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It IS a black box problem and the main Roku forum is full of complaints about this very issue.

Hmmm...

I have LG, Panasonic and Samsung televions and I don't have this issue...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

I have LG, Panasonic and Samsung televions and I don't have this issue...

Millions of positives don't prove a positive, but all it takes is a single negative to disprove it.

Years ago, a popular printer maker* introduced a new printer which, they claimed, could make prints that wouldn't fade for at least 25 years.  After a couple of months there were loads of reports claiming the prints turned orange or brown, sometimes within days.  After several months my prints were as good as the day they were printed, so I argued that the users with the problems must be doing something wrong, possibly effects of pollution.  Autumn turned to winter, winter to spring and spring to summer and guess what I noticed?  Some of my prints had gone orange!  It wasn't the users, it was the environment.  During the summer weather I had windows open to let cool air blow through the house - and fresh air passing over the prints, even old ones, turned the black ink orange.  The printer maker had to withdraw the printers, issue refunds, accelerate development of their replacements and reword the claims about fading to avoid atmospheric effects.

Moral of the story is that just because YOU don't get the problem it doesn't mean the fault doesn't exist.

*Google Epson orange plague