cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User what are you trying to connect it to (make and model)? And have you tried the box with a different TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem on MLB.tv last night. To fix the problem I disconnected the box from both the power and HDMI cables, left it for about one minute, reconnected the cables and no more purple screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

worked straight away nice one

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This worked first time - thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This was the solution for me

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006KZBC92?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

if that link doesn`t work, it`s a `iSolem 1X2 HDMI switch Box`

Just plug this little box into the mains, then connect an hdmi lead from your nowtv box into the input socket of iSolem box, and another hdmi lead from one of  the outputs of the box to your hdmi input on tv.

I had no problems until I replaced white nowtv box with a black one, and assumed problem was with the nowtv box.

The problem is actually with the HDCP copy protection, and whether your tv and nowtv box can sort it out between themselves.

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn`t.

Unplugging, resetting etc will solve the problem, but only temporarily.

As i understand it, this splitter, and others, will `strip` the HDCP protocol from the communication between devices, therefore preventing any error messages, purple screens etc.

It worked for me, anyway, and has been perfect ever since installation of the splitter in early December 2015.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Well Steve, it seems you have diagnosed the problem and found the solution to the overly agressive acting HDCP protocol.

I had suspected the problems users were reporting required a technical solution rather than users being at fault.

Steve, well done.   Giving Thumbs Up Winking animated emoticon

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Uk Bob,

Thanks for the thanks.

I can`t take any credit for working anything out, as I did a bit of research and saw the solution on another forum.

I hope that other people can benefit from trying a splitter between their nowtv box and tv.

I forgot to point out that the iSolem splitter costs £9.97.

Some might think it`s not worth the hassle of buying and fitting one, but that HDCP message was really getting on my nerves.

It`s possible that there is another solution out there for the problem that doesn`t cost anything, but I was happy to cure the problem, and if I ever want to connect another device to my nowtv box I have a spare hdmi out.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Steve, you may not have discovered the solution but you did bring it to the notice of this forum, no one can ask anymore of you. Plus, the cost of the solution is not exorbitant and provides an extra port for possible future use.

Finally, I would also pay £10 to calm my nerves as well.

A Bug's Life

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

saw the box got a software update this am totally different look but didnt use it until recently & purple screen turned up so took yr advice and did as said powered off tv & box changed the HDMI cable and sorted 

why it went wrong beats me ??